EPC (Engineering, Procurement & Construction)
JEL has a full-fledged engineering team to carry out the total Plant Design under one roof. The multi-disciplinary engineering team comprises resourceful engineers, innovative designers and proficient draughtsmen – all focussed towards one common goal – on-time delivery with no mistakes. Both aspects of Plant Design – Basic and Detailed – are carried out in-house.
The engineering team has vast experience in the design of different types of power plants – Thermal Power Plants (Coal/Oil/Gas/Biomass based), Combined-Cycle Power Plants (GT-based), Geo-Thermal Power Plants.
- Completed more than 35 EPC projects with total capacity of 3,000+ MW
- 2009: 1st Biomass projects in Thailand
- 2015: 1st EPC combined cycle power plant project in Myanmar
- 2016: 1st EPC combined cycle power plant project in Africa
- 2019: 1st EPC waste-to-energy plant project in Thailand
Various Activities carried out by EPC
– Piling & foundation design
– Structural design & analysis
– Design of plant buildings
– Design road, drains
Process & Equipment Dept
– Prepare basic layout drawing
– Develop process flow / P&ID
– Perform cycle optimization
– Heat & water balance dia.
– Sizing plant equipment
– Prepare specification
– Perform calculation & analysis
– Establish proper mat’l select. to meet service conditions
Piping & Tank Dept
– Develop plant layout
– Prepare piping GA drawings
– Isometric drawings
– Pipe stress analysis & mechanical strength cal.
– Design pipe supports
– Design tanks – Water, oil..
Electrical & Instrument Dept
– Single line and three lines diagram
– Cable schedule & cable sizing
– Grounding/Lightning Protection
– Load flow analysis & short –circuit cal.
– Substation design
– HV / MV / LV system design
– Plant lighting system
– Loop drawing instrument hook up
– Develop operation philosophy & control logic
– Select motorized & pneumatic control valves, including turbine bypass valves
– Prepare specification & select equip
Engineering Procurement Dept
– Establish contact with new vendor / supplier
– Assist to prepare procurement plan
– Follow company procedure
* conduct tender exercise
* clarify, negotiate & confirm order based on technical & commercial evaluation
– Monitor the progress, expedite the delivery